Saturday, April 28

Blogger Exchange and The Ugliest of Ugly

I missed out on the fun of Holly's linky party, but honestly my room is a mess. No it is more like an absolute mess and I didn't want to air out my mess all of over this. I know we are friends but I just couldn't share my ugly, but the ultimate ugliness happened yesterday and I could not resist. It was too funny not to share.

So my students headed to PE and I was rushing around to get things taken care off. Is there any other way things get done during prep time besides rushed? I hear this sound from behind me and thought it was just a pile of books near the book area slipping, but it kept going on and on. It wasn't very loud either (considering what it turned out to be). I thought it was odd. I thought maybe another teacher had come for a sneaky visit to my room through my Mr. Ed closet door. And by sneaky I mean by coming through the bottom half of the Mr. Ed door. (That had happened earlier in the day.)

I looked around just as TIMBER!!! My entire bookshelf that has been stuffed with all of my teacher materials falls apart. So I had to spend the rest of PE time rearranging the book area to get a new bookshelf and get rid of the old one.
After The Collapse 
I was super lucky that stuff did not fall out of binders or boxes, but still you can't see the floor with all my stuff. 

 New Bookshelf
I think this is a good excuse to go to IKEA. I have never been so that is another good excuse. Two excuses make a right... right??

My students must have known something was wrong with me and could tell it was Friday because I was starting to call them all by the wrong names. Some of the sweeties came up to me and said "We need to push the button that puts you back as normal teacher." Then they pretended to do it. Also a few suggested I go to bed and sleep until 12 or 1 in the morning. I thought it was so cute of them!

Bonus of the week!! I received a lovely packages from Staci from Going Nutty! (That would describe my Friday.) Anywho...I received this sweet cozies from the blogger exchange. I so need to start taking tea to work maybe that will help keep me normal. I am especially a fan of the mustache one. Thank you Staci!!

Have a great weekend!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh no!! That stinks that it fell apart!! I am sorry! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Link up - I extended the collection. I had a few people ask me if they could join. :)

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. And oh my gosh - your bookshelf. That was quite a calamity, was it not?!?!? Love your room...including the "ugly" cuz it makes you REAL!!!!!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. That comment about the button is pretty cute.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete