Saturday, April 14

Whirlwind

So the saying goes April comes in like a lion and out like a lamb. Well my April has come in like a lion followed by a tornado. Things keep flying from all directions and land in my lap for me to get done. I hoping it calms down soon…very soon.

During this crazy beginning of April my camera died. I didn’t want to blog and not provide any pictures because:
a) I feel pictures are more effective than me rambling off explanations of activities
b) I secretly feared no one would read if I did not have pictures 

Here is an array of our latest projects. Some are from you fabulous teachers. There is a FREEBIE. Others are part of packets I am trying to put together, but sadly that task has been pushed to the end of my “100 inch” long to do list. Ok…maybe it is not that long, but I did write it out and showed someone and they looked at me like I was crazy. I need to learn to say no to some things.



These are the rainy day people we made. I got the idea from an Evan Moor Weather book. Students colored all the rain gear and person in crayon. Then we put powered paint on the picture and students sprayed their picture with a spray bottle. To make it look like rain drops. Some picked up their paper to make it look like it was raining. They loved during this!


I created this project after we studied clouds. Students match cloud names to the shapes and wrote two words to describe each cloud. They used different sized pipecleaner to show where we find the clouds in the sky.


We did the contraction surgery. Students loved it and so did I!

We created synonym inspired cinnamon rolls as seen by Cara on the First Grade Parade. I even found Cinnabon cereal for my firsties!

We also made ants with our synonym rolls so we could make our antonyms.

I love how this student used mikrospoki aka microscopic as an antonym for big. What a smartie!

I am sorry but I don't have a picture of our last project but I do have it for you as a freebie. It is a pronoun house. It is a play off of knock knock jokes where students use pronouns and figure out who the pronoun could be talking about. Here are pictures of the freebie! Click on here or on the pictures for the freebie.



In my absence, I have gained new followers and I apologize for my absence. I was also tagged twice. I have to get on that before I get tagged again!!

4 comments:

  1. You and your students have been very busy! Great activities! Loved the synonyms and antonyms!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! I am a visual person, so I always appreciate pictures!
    -Megan

    First Grade Magic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, I just found your blog through the K-2 Linky Party. I love the synonym/cinnamon idea! I'm really into hands-on, five-sensory learning. If you have time, stop by my blog for some freebies. I have some in almost every post.

    Sharon Dudley, NBCT
    http://teachingwithsight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete