Sunday, May 6

Testing Goodies Freebies...Trying to Make Testing A Little Better

End of the year is exciting and crazy busy time thanks to our and our students' favorite....testing. My firsties are already dreading it. I have heard their complaining last week and we don't start until tomorrow. I knew I had to do something to get us through it. I have seen similar things being created by other teachers and wanted to add what I have. Many I saw hinted at candy and surprisingly it is hard to find a candy or treat that all my students like so I came up with these ideas.

So first meet Woodrow, the Wise Testing Owl... (found him uncolored at JoAnn's clearance section).  He will be in our room watching and thinking smart thoughts for us all. He will help us go over the rules and procedures of test taking tomorrow.


Then I made a note to put on my students' seats each day this week. Each note comes with a goodie:  a testing pencil, smartie candy, a brightly colored pencil top eraser, a vanilla wafer cookie (because they are a favorite for everyone) and a sticker.



The note that goes with the sticker. I was planning on attaching it at the bottom so stickers don't fall on the floor and we have a sticker diaster prior to testing. 
The stickers. I made them to work for Avery labels 5160. 

Now for freebie time.... click here to get the testing notes and here to get the testing stickers. Fonts are from Kevin and Amanda. Graphics are courtesy of Scrappin' Doodles and The 3am Teacher. Visit her blog here for freebies and more graphics. 

5 comments:

  1. These are so cute!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Hope you got lots of great freebies today. I love your blog name by the way!! :)

    Rachel
    A-B-Seymour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the notes and stickers! Thanks for sharing! Do you test whole group or one-on-one? What test is it? I just have to Literacy 1st test which is one-on-one and then the Title I Math test is mostly whole group although there are parts with manipulatives that are on-on-one.

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We test whole group by using the IOWA test and it covers everything. It takes over a week to get it done how we have it set up. Thanks for stopping by!
      Jessica

      Delete
  3. that owl is too cute!
    love your notes and stickers:)

    Miss Elementary

    ReplyDelete