Sunday, March 11

50th Post Fun-Brackets, Linky Party, and a Giveaway

This is my 50th post and it is a wacky one, but I promise at the end is a giveaway. Yes my first!

The brackets are out and the madness has started. Woohoo!! Love it! The best part is my Michigan State Spartans are high in the bracket and have a great chance for a big, long run. I am channeling my love for the brackets and created this Reading Month inspired bracket for my students. I had each student write down their favorite book for morning work one day last week. Then I sorted them in categories and created this bracket. For the next two weeks I will have all the books in a special area for students to read. As we go through each round, we will decide what our favorite book is.

Here is how the bracket breaks down.
Dr. Seuss Category

Non fiction Category

Fiction Category

TV, People, Game, and Movie Inspired Category

I am linking up with Crystal at Kreative in Kinder for Teachers Taking Care of Teachers in an effort to help those teachers and schools that were damaged and lost everything due to the recent tornadoes. You can help by sending words of encouragement, extra supplies or donating money. Any effort will be appreciated! There are even teachers offering to donate money they make from their TpT stores of purchases that are made this week. This is an amazing and supportive community so I know we can make an impact.

Now for the giveaway!! First off I have to say I live three hours away from a Target. I know you did not such places existed right? I traveled the three hours this weekend and went to "my" Target and was surprised to find it completely remodeled with brand new shopping carts and everything. I could not find the little shopping baskets and ended up with a cart which caused me to buy more than I needed.  It is Target and I think it is an unwritten rule to also spend more than you wanted to when you go there. So I ended up purchasing two $15 Target gift cards for you all to win.
Here are the rules with 3 chances for you to win:
1. Follow my blog and leave a comment.
2. Leave a comment telling me your favorite thing about March.
3. Blog about my giveaway and leave a comment.

Winners will be selected on Saturday March 17th.

47 comments:

  1. Well look at this - I'm the first to respond!

    I follow your blog {of course!}


    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of the spring peepers {frogs} that sing like crazy in our back pond. Love opening the windows. LOVE that spring break is just around the corner....LOVE the independence of my firsties this time of year.

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...my favorite thing about March...Spring Break is in 3 short weeks! Hopefully they're short! :)
    Jenn
    A Pirates Life for Us

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow you! =)
    Jennifer
    laughinbrunette@hotmail.com
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite thing about March? It would have to be Spring Break starting on the 26th!!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  6. I follow your blog!!!

    I hit up my Target today, hour and a half away and spotted those new carts! super quiet!


    Rachel
    Ms. Rachel’s Room

    ReplyDelete
  7. Knowing that warm weather is right around the corner!

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite thing about March is my week long vacation.
    I'll be reading and resting for the whole time at the beach.

    Yearn to Learn Blog


    taskcard123@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. My fave thing about March is the start of spring!
    acupcakefortheteacher@gmail.com
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  10. I follow your blog!

    kellybrown28021@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite thing about March is day light savings time! Yes, it isn't that good for a couple days to get used to the time change, but I love see kids playing outside, smell fresh cut grass and watch baseball games at the Little League!

    kellybrown28021@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I blogged about your giveaway!

    kellybrown28021@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I follow your blog! I love love your book bracket idea. Last year in youth group we did a bracket using the team's mascots and who would win if they battled it out. It was entertaining. I live an hour and a half from the nearest target and it makes me sad. 3 hours might make me cry.
    kheinrich9@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that spring is around the corner! Seeing all the flowers and getting to get out on warm days makes me so happy.
    kheinrich9@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a follower. Thanks for the chance :)
    family74014 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. My fave thing about spring is the beautiful weather and sun dresses :)
    family74014 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorite thing about March is all the green!

    Natalie
    TeacheryTidbits

    ReplyDelete
  18. I follow your blog! I'm so sorry that you don't have a Target close by. You could look at this as a bad thing or a good thing. You are saving money!

    Andrea

    Stepping Into First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favorite thing about March is the weather, usually! Spring is almost here! I love these 60 degree days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I follow your blog! I am LOVING your book bracket idea! Too cool!
    -Megan

    firstgrademagic@gmail.com
    First Grade Magic

    ReplyDelete
  21. My favorite thing about March is that spring weather is almost here!!
    -Megan

    firstgrademagic@gmail.com
    <a href="http://firstgrademagic.blogspot.com>First Grade Magic</a>

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bracket idea that you shared! It's awesome!

    :)
    Christina
    Mrs. Bainbridge's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the bracket idea! How fun!

    I follow your blog!
    adventuresinthird@gmail.com


    Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  24. following via GFC - jfong1130

    jfong1130 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. my favorite part about March is March Madness! I love filling out brackets and watching games that wouldn't normally interest me :)

    jfong1130 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I follow you :)
    jenross1018@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. My favorite part of march is the wind!!! especially on a sunny day :)
    jenross1018@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am a faithful follower.

    Tricia
    Tricia811@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. My favorite part of March is spring break and that my little cuties bring me handfuls of daffodils, sometimes with mom's help and sometimes without mom's knowledge.

    Tricia
    Tricia811@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I follow your blog!

    Love your favorite books bracket idea!

    Kara
    Spedventures

    ReplyDelete
  31. My favorite part of March is the fact that Daylight Savings Time gives us more daylight in the evenings - even though it's a rough transition for the first few mornings :)

    Kara
    Spedventures

    ReplyDelete
  32. I follow your blog. I love your blog design! Way cool.

    I think Target should move to a city near you!

    ReplyDelete
  33. My favorite thing about March is the return of spring! It just makes one feel alive again.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm a follower!
    kcahcrim@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  35. My favorite thing about March is opening the windows to let in the fresh air!
    kcahcrim@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  36. I follow your blog!!
    bl3982@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. My favorite thing about March is St. Patty's Day and eating Irish Soda bread!!
    bl3982@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. 3 hours to Target?!? How do you manage? I don't know what I would do. :D
    I follow you!
    ❤Traci❤
    Dragonflies in First

    ReplyDelete
  39. I like March for all kinds of reasons... it's my birthday (st. patty's day), we set the clocks back and have more daylight in the early evening, but most importantly, it's the beginning of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am now following your blog.
    lraines78@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. My favorite thing about March is spring! spring! spring! This year though was a strange winter.
    lraines78@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. My favorite thing about March is the surprise storm (you have to live in a desert to appreciate a rain!)

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete