I am not finding many sources of native plants that my students could use for research. I do not want to do all the research myself because they are really interested in creating the garden themselves. This is where you (my wonderful followers and bloggy friends) come in:
Do you know of any resources? Or have you planted one? Or how do you adapt sources to be first grade research friendly? I am already picturing using a few graphic organizers to sort out the types of plants we find so we as plant experts can teach the second grade, but need the researching plant part to get figured out.
And I am getting anxious and feel like having a giveaway soon- really, really soon. How do I number my posts?
Happy Saturday

I love teaching about butterflies! It's so fun. :) I do know that Milkweed is a plant that only monarch caterpillars eat. We have oodles of it in Michigan, so hopefully it's a plant native to where you live too.
ReplyDeleteI'm anxious to see how this turns out. Post some photos when you're done? I'm glad I found you today :) I'm awarding you the One Lovely Blog award! I love reading your ideas and insights :) Come check it out at:
ReplyDeleteNew Adventures in First Grade
-Michele