There is no teaching or teaching related items to be found in this post. Since I rather get to the point and not write in paragraphs here I go. My current favorites of the moment:
- My running shoes. Yes they make me sound like a clydesdale on the treadmill (as one of my sweet co-workers pointed out to me) and they look scary but I love them!! I want to run just as an excuse to wear them which is great because some days I need that extra motivation.
- Janet Evanovich's books. Okay... I stubbornly refused to jump on this bandwagon when the books first came out, but with teaching and taking classes I need something fun to read. These books are it!!! It is almost a problem as I can read one in a day if I can talk myself out of my to-do list.
- Cajun food. I grew up with parents who liked jambalaya, gumbo, BBQ shrimp and such. My favorite dish since I was about seven is Chicken Tchoupitoulas. Being in New Orleans has resparked by love of cajun food. Today I got to eat at K-Paul's and even better on the menu was Chicken Tchoupitoulas from the chef whose recipe I have been eating and making my whole life!!! Seriously, it felt like I was meeting a celebrity when I was eating it.
- Biking. It is have been amazing spring weather in Michigan and spring just screams bikes to me!!
- Vanilla Almond Milk- again I didn't even try this until a few months ago. It is like desert in a glass! Yum!
- College Basketball- my obsession continues.
- Skirts. With the warm weather I have decided I absolutely hate shopping for shorts so bring on the skirts. My current favorites are a couple I got from Athleta. So easy to dress up or down and super comfortable.
- Mason Jars. I guess I could say I collect them. I have original blue ones, ones from 1868, a gallon sized one. I am picky though because in stores now many are made in China and I like the real ones. I just got one yesterday that had the label of what was in it over 60 years ago. "Tomato Relish Aug 6 '44"
I love the unsweetened vanilla almond milk in smoothies. It rocks!
ReplyDeleteJourney of a Substitute Teacher
Awww, I love this - what a neat way to get to know a person outside of their professional self. Do you really like those running shoes, or are you just saying that? Seriously, why do you like them? I saw some the other day and thought "man, I'd like to be brave and give those a try" but I just can't do it. What kind did you get? How much were they?!?!?
ReplyDeleteI LOVE mason jars too...but I'm not a collector!
Holly
Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade
Yes I really do love them!! I would wear sandals or go barefoot all the time if I could so these shoes fit right in with. I had a few friends get them waayy before me and they were always raving about them. I thought they were too weird, but I caved and got them. So glad I did! I got the bikila which is the style meant for running. I got them for $100. Definitely need to try on before you buy. I tried on two pairs of the same size and one didn't fit quite right and the other did. Plus the newer versions do better in the washing machine so they don't stink like the first ones do.
DeleteClydesdale on the treadmill? love it . . this made me laugh! :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, I LOVE mason jars myself. I have been meaning to make one into a soap dispenser (seen on Pinterest).
Casey
Second Grade Math Maniac Blog
Teachers Pay Teachers Store