Onto the gardening and shipwrecks. This week we have been busy working on our garden project. This is what we started with
A pile of 50+ heavy stones.
The goal to move this HUGE pile of HEAVY flagstone to outline our garden and replace bricks around our school sign. Quite the task for first and second graders. Thank goodness they knew about assembly lines (yes their suggestion actually) a shovel and a volunteer and things are starting to take shape.
In the process of removing old bricks
Notice part of our assembly line
Starting to put the new stones down
The completed stones
Outlining our garden. Notice the pile of bricks neatly stacked. We will use them later for something else.
Ta da!!!! This will be filled soon. Meet the outside of my classroom since you have met the inside.
I am even prouder to say there were NO and I repeat NO smashed fingers and toes. I think that is a miracle in itself.It has been a testing week, but we did enjoy a trip on the glass bottom boat to learn about fish, water and view a shipwreck. So cool!!!
Passing a barge on the way out
Views of the shipwreck. How cool is that?
A closer look. You can see the shipwreck is covered in zebra mussels. This is a not so friendly sight in Michigan.
To make the trip even better the bridge had to be raised and lowered for us. Nothing like stopping traffic to make you feel important. Am I right?

Congrats! Your garden project looks great. I bet the kids enjoyed being part of that.
ReplyDelete❀ Tammy
Forever in First
love the garden project!! so pretty :)
ReplyDeleteMiss Elementary
Congrats on your nomination too! There are lots of great blogs that are nominated!!
ReplyDelete