There is a story behind it so hold on. A few summers back I worked at a restaurant where a local musician always played. He has a local following especially a following from a summer camp where he used to work. One of his followers and friend is a man who works at the summer camp. He is better know as Fuzz. Usually at any concert or restaurant the musician is playing you can find Fuzz there and me too. (Closest I will get to being a groupie). Fuzz is an older man but has a great positive attitude despite his aches and pains. He is always in a good mood. He inquires about what I am up to even though he never remembers my name. He does know where I used to work and who my sister is. When it is time to leave he always exits while saying, "Thanks for being you." I thought this was cute. It is more than just a simple thank you. After hearing it every time I saw him, I realized how true this statement is. No one else can be you. Staying true to yourself is SO important.
Fuzz and his saying were my inspiration for creating this note. I actually started doing this during my student teaching. It takes me awhile to fill these out for each student. It is also a neat way to reflect on the school year. I love seeing their faces will reading it. Parents have even commented "You really did this for each kid?" and "How sweet" so I know my time and effort is worth it.
Can't wait to run into Fuzz this summer and be thanked for being me. I just realized I never told him I created this because of him. Guess I need to do that! Hope this is something you find useful.
Click on the picture or here to download. The font is from Kevin and Amanda. The graphic is from Michelle Tsivgadellis at The 3am Teacher.
Thanks for being you!! Please let me know if you find this useful by leaving feedback.

I love this so much! I would love to do this, but I am not sure if I have enough time. We only have until Friday and I have 80 students. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete~Meagan
oodlesofteachingfun
I am so glad that I stumbled across your site today. Your blog is super cute and I loved your testing goodies. Such good ideas for next year :). Pop in for a visit if you find a moment.
ReplyDeleteKelley Dolling
Teacher Idea Factory>