I was shown this video by Sir Ken Robinson. It is a MUST watch for all teachers! I know this video is a few years old and some of you might have seen it, but it is still worth it. At my training, people actually clapped when it was done. It is funny but he says much of what we as teachers know to be true and makes you wonder.
Here is the more updated version of this video where he adds more thoughts to this topic of creativity in the classroom and finding our talents. I love how he relates fast food to education- seriously watch it...it makes sense.
Enjoy! Let me know what you think as I am curious to know!
I love this and rewards it every once in a while. I love he story of the little girl who's fine but just needs to dance. I wish every teacher and admin would watch this. --Chrissy Http://firstgradefoundme.blogspot.com
I LOVE this man. I've listened to him before and he's amazing ... and humorous ... he always makes me laugh:) The part that resonated with me was the very ending ... "Tread softly 'cause you're walking on my dreams" or something close to that :) Thanks very much!
He is hilarious! The tread softly on the dreams part hits home because as teachers we do that every day. We also do this as humans daily. Glad you look him as much as I do. :) Jessica
I love this and rewards it every once in a while. I love he story of the little girl who's fine but just needs to dance. I wish every teacher and admin would watch this.
ReplyDelete--Chrissy
Http://firstgradefoundme.blogspot.com
I love that story too!
DeleteJessica
I LOVE this man. I've listened to him before and he's amazing ... and humorous ... he always makes me laugh:) The part that resonated with me was the very ending ... "Tread softly 'cause you're walking on my dreams" or something close to that :)
ReplyDeleteThanks very much!
❀Barbara❀
Grade ONEderful
Ruby Slippers Blog Designs
He is hilarious! The tread softly on the dreams part hits home because as teachers we do that every day. We also do this as humans daily. Glad you look him as much as I do. :)
DeleteJessica