Okay I know it seems the whole country is having crazy weather, but it was crazy enough up here to cause us to have not one, but yes TWO, snow days this week. Then we got hit with a near like blizzard last night. It is craziness I tell you. Regarding school it might be good since my class has seem to be off a little lately. I don't know if it is that we had a performance on Tuesday night, the weather, or what is going on. Due to all the snow days, I didn't get to do even half the stuff I had planned but here is the run down of his birthday party.
The fun started with a Dr. Seuss word search from Rachelle’s at What A Teacher Wants Dr. Seuss Unit. The students had red and white striped Dr. Seuss pencils awaiting them.
As a class we watch Green Eggs and Ham from www.bookit.com read by Tim Tebow. I know this is a book most of my students have read before and who are they going to listen to me or a famous quarterback. Even I would rather have him read to me. We discussed some text-to-self connections we made to the text.
Then I used this gem of a packet:
from Kelley at Buggy for Second GradeSeusstabular packet to work on writing a personal response to Green Eggs and Ham. This is something we have to start doing weekly and some of my sweeties need a lot of practice. They helped me write my response and wrote their own.
And finally what party is complete without some goodies! So we made green eggs and hams- dessert style thanks to ever wonderful pinterest! I forgot my camera at school so here it the picture of it from Pinterest.
This idea originated from My Little Gems blog. We turned normal vanilla pudding into green pudding with magical food coloring. I swear this is magic to students. I pull this out of the closet instantly everyone so attentive to every move that is made.
Back to the award portion of this post and I must follow the rules:
The rules:
1. Link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Pass the award onto 15 other lovely bloggers.
3. Follow the person who sent it to you.
I already have accomplished 1 and 3 so here are some very lovely blogs that I follow
Rachel at Ms. Rachel's Room
Michelle at The 3am Teacher
Natalie at Teachery Tidbits
Megan at First Grade Magic She is also having a giveaway for reaching 100 followers. So definitely check her blog out!
Stacy at 2nd Grade Paradise
Laura at Peace, Love and First Grade
Sandra at Sweet Times in First
Jen at The Teacher's Cauldron
Amanda at Learn, Laugh, and Grow
Jess at Rambling about Reading
Allyce at Teaching and Life:At the Beach
Andrea at Stepping Into First
Enjoy your weekend!

.png)

Love the snack!
ReplyDeleteJennifer
First Grade Blue SKies
Love your "Green Eggs and Ham" dessert style!! I am your newest follower! Your blog is super cute! I would love for you to come check out my blog when you get the chance!
ReplyDeleteJennifer
The First Grade Dream
That is some fun lookin' green eggs and ham. Nicely done on the award.
ReplyDelete❀ Tammy
Forever in First
Congrats on your award and Thank you for passing it on, Jessica! I appreciate you thinking of me! Love that pic of Green Eggs and Ham! YUM!
ReplyDeleteLaura
Peace, Love, and First Grade
Thank you for the award!! :) You're too kind - totally made my Saturday! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteAmanda
I nominated you blog for a Top 10 Award. Stop by my blog for all of the details. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for nominating me! I will post soon! :)
ReplyDelete