Thursday, June 7

Currently June & Planting Day

I am linking up with Farley when I should be doing a tackling my to-do list. Oh well!


It has been a wonderful week! I am getting more emotional about school ending. There are many students I am going to dearly miss. I am realizing how many smiles and laughs they bring me everyday even on those super stressful ones. There are a few students that just brighten up the room with their personalities and positive attitudes and also their constant hugs! Who doesn't like receiving 5 or more hugs a day and being told "You are the best teacher!"?

To make it even harder my one student who has struggled greatly this year and needs extra assistance at special events has had the greatest week even when we have had a special event each day. This included a walking field trip where no extra help was need even when a surprise was thrown in at the end- free ice cream! I was SO proud. I am still smiling thinking about it. Yeah a walking field trip with first graders and ice cream. They handled like pros with no spills on clothes but messy faces but of course they did as they will be second graders way too soon!

Tomorrow is our last full day of school and it is PLANTING DAY!! We prepared the soil earlier in the week so it is just waiting to get all beautified tomorrow!

2 comments: